Coronavirus

Casey

Staff member
Just got back from LA, was out there for a month. Got Omicron whilst there - knocked me out for a few days but overall it wasn't too bad. Now I've got that superpower of immunity, woo

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I haven’t had covid yet, but after Christmas, everyone around me had covid including my wife (well, had a positive test for all of 1 day) and all my close work friends tested positive. I had a cough etc but nothing bad, I kept testing negative even on a PCR test.

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
My girl went to visit her family in Arizona for Thanksgiving. Came back with a bad cough. Turns out it was the rona. Prior to finding out I had covid I only had the runs as a symptom so I originally believed I had gotten food poisoning. I was supposed to attend a convention in LA so I had to take a covid test 3 days prior which is how I found out I had Covid. Started off fine, went into quarantine and I lost my taste and smell but besides that I was fine. About 7 or 8 days into quarantine I started having breathing problems and then finally my kidneys started to hurt so I knew something was very wrong. Ended up going to the emergency room where I was admitted into the ICU. Ended up being in the ICU for a little over a week. Doctor told me I wasn't getting enough oxygen and my organs had started to shut down which explained the pain I was feeling in my kidneys. Said if I would have waited another day or so I would have died. Luckily I was able to get through everything and I was released from the hospital about a week before Christmas so I was very thankful for that. Ended up losing 40 lbs throughout the whole ordeal so I guess that is something I should be happy about lol

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
We’ve actually gotten a lucky break by this variant being so transmissible yet less severe than what came before. It turns out to give an extra boost of immunity to those who have been vaccinated and some immunity to those who haven’t. So we’ll probably have a bad month or so and then end up in a good place by Mar. Most people will be immunized by vaccines, omicron or both.

London was getting battered from Omicron over Christmas time. Everyone seemed to be getting it. But now we are on the downward trend. With spring approaching, I would say we are probably done until next Winter.... Unless, as hoped, covid 19 goes endemic, like it's other covid pals.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I guess I didn't post in here when I had COVID two weeks back. The interior designer of the house had his wife get COVID but she didn't say anything and/or seek treatment. Until she did and tested positive with over a week of symptoms. Then that bastard got it, didn't know at the time, and came around our house fucking around with furniture and design ideas. I was in close contact with him for most of the time with my sister and mom less so. He gave it to me and within a few days I had the sniffles and sore throat. I wait two days and it doesn't go away so I go get tested at a local center. So did my sister. Rapid test was positive for both of us but my second test (whatever takes 24 hours) was positive for me but negative for my sister. So I quarantined, half-assedly, for a few days and just took prednisone for 5 days. Never evolved to being more than a sore throat and stuffy nose and watering eyes. No cough or difficulty breathing but just a persistent fever.

Fuck that man for walking around our place without a mask. We didn't wear them either when the workers were here, so it's partially on us, but this guy isn't even vaxxed, I don't believe. His contractor isn't and neither are his workers. That bum is still dealing with difficulty breathing for the past two weeks. Not sure about his wife and how she's doing.

I don't want to downplay the virus but it just felt like a mild cold for almost a week. But we are also all vaxxed and boosted so that probably had to play a role. My dad was negative on both his tests and thinks it's because he meditates daily. Whatever, bud.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I guess I didn't post in here when I had COVID two weeks back. The interior designer of the house had his wife get COVID but she didn't say anything and/or seek treatment. Until she did and tested positive with over a week of symptoms. Then that bastard got it, didn't know at the time, and came around our house fucking around with furniture and design ideas. I was in close contact with him for most of the time with my sister and mom less so. He gave it to me and within a few days I had the sniffles and sore throat. I wait two days and it doesn't go away so I go get tested at a local center. So did my sister. Rapid test was positive for both of us but my second test (whatever takes 24 hours) was positive for me but negative for my sister. So I quarantined, half-assedly, for a few days and just took prednisone for 5 days. Never evolved to being more than a sore throat and stuffy nose and watering eyes. No cough or difficulty breathing but just a persistent fever.

Fuck that man for walking around our place without a mask. We didn't wear them either when the workers were here, so it's partially on us, but this guy isn't even vaxxed, I don't believe. His contractor isn't and neither are his workers. That bum is still dealing with difficulty breathing for the past two weeks. Not sure about his wife and how she's doing.

I don't want to downplay the virus but it just felt like a mild cold for almost a week. But we are also all vaxxed and boosted so that probably had to play a role. My dad was negative on both his tests and thinks it's because he meditates daily. Whatever, bud.
Yeah. You're vaccinated and boosted and it was most likely Omicron. Also, you're not in any risk categories - I'd imagine

dilla

Yeah. You're vaccinated and boosted and it was most likely Omicron. Also, you're not in any risk categories - I'd imagine

Yeah, other than being a big boy, nothing else that would put me at risk. The more I think about it, the more I feel my timing of getting the booster was a big reason why I was symptomatic compared to everyone else in my house. They all got it within a few weeks of each other and a month before I tested positive. Since I had mine in October, it's possible my protection was waning and so I had some symptoms.

dilla

So Moderna and Pfizer are both looking to get a second booster approved. I don't think anyone, myself included, will think about getting it until there's news of a new wave coming. And I'm sure there's one coming, inevitabo, but I just don't care anymore. Mask mandates were lifted in Chicago but I still wear one but that's about as far as I'm going to go

For a healthy young person, walk in the park under the sun, drinking some orange juice, watching a funny movie and getting plenty of sleep is the best way to go!

The cat is out of the bag for sure. They're still spending money and setting up international framework for future pandemics, so pardon me but word of caution - the next one might not be mild at all....

The turth will prevail and I know in my heart there are many doctors who will try their best to give the sick the best early treatment. :cool:

dilla

I've been going to the stores this past week after our city or state dropped the mask mandate. I might be one of a handful still wearing a mask in a store. It's glaringly obvious at this point. Target, the grocery store, Best Buy, etc. There may be one or two customers wearing it, a few more employees (but not all of them) and then me.

dilla

Just had covid. Took me clean out for a week. I'll be getting a booster next winter

Damn. As I mentioned my experience from a little over a month ago, the worst part was being shunned by the rest of the family every time I stepped out of my room. Also, couldn't taste or smell for a few days.

I guess I was on the tail end of those protection period from my booster in October so it wasn't "mild" but also wasn't quite "medium" either. And the other three family members had their shots about a month prior to me getting COVID and they simply tested positive with 0 symptoms.

That means there are people walking about with boosters from last Fall and no boosters afterwards with little to no protection. And as the mask mandates end and people go back out there thinking COVID is done-for (it could be, but....) that might mean a whole new wave before summer's end, or sooner.

At least people have stopped dying from COVID, in general. Treatment options seemed to have gotten better but obviously not 100%, or close to it. It's a lot better than even a year ago or 18 months ago where getting COVID was almost a coin-flip on if you'd be fine at home or getting admitted to the hospital.

So, the vaccine for omicron was supposed to come out this month - has it been delayed? Of course I've heard conflicting reports of the variant dependent efficacy. How long before we get a shot that may or may not offer protection for the current variant or the next?

I believe that the median age of death from covid both in US and UK is around 80-82 years old.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.