This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Has anyone been to Japan in recent times? My sister is going in a few months with her friend just to tour around Tokyo and Osaka and a few other places.

I'm not a big anime person but there are some things that I feel are only available in Japan especially video game related. I think she's going to be going to those places as well for her own interests but I was wondering where do people go if they want to find collectibles and other merchandise relating to games like Final Fantasy?

I was there last Jan. The Animate store in Ikebukuro district of Tokyo is the largest anime merchandise store in Japan. It's has like 10 floors. I was also at a place called Lashinbang in the Akihabara Cultures Zone anime shopping center that had tons. But there are many all over the place. Osaka has a whole anime district, Den Den Town. A shop there called Gee!STORE had a nice selection. She won't have a problem finding stuff.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
My dad (63) has been diagnosed with liver cancer. Doctors have said 12 months, statistically. Im on the other side of the world and while I've had my moments it all feels surreal.
Got an update for us?

Everyone said Mother's Day was going to be tough, but it wasn't as bad as I was assuming it was going to be. My dad, sis, and I went out to eat at Nando's (lol) and roamed around the mall my mom used to frequent on the weekends. Did some small shopping and that was it. We teared up a few times talking about her but overall we were not moping about and staying indoors doing nothing.

Gave me a new layer of perspective of when you go out and see people. Plenty of folks were out, probably with out their mothers. Or children. For different reasons. And there were probably plenty of mothers out there dealing with sadness or a "different" mother's day than years past. It only hit me when I made a remark amongst us three if people were subsconsciously noticing we weren't with a mom. Then I realized that some people there were alive and well but it was still a somber day despite "being a mom."

My mom's sisters reached out to us and gave some warm, heartfelt messages. It must still be weighing on them to think of us on mother's day.

This wasn't the first mother's day we didn't celebrate, funny enough. Last year my mom had a CVA event for just a few seconds but we took her to the hospital anyway and she spent 3-5 days getting work ups done. She was clear and certainly not "sickly" but the day was ruined waiting in the hospital. Who knew it would be our last together.

On a more positive note, hope you guys did something fun.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.