Since 2003, G Unit Has Had More Hits Than Rocafella

I mean lets be serious here. As a label, G Unit is puttin out more hits on the charts than rocafella...nobody besides kanye has been puttin out any hits over on rocafella

meanwhile on G Unit u've got hits...

In Da Club
21 Questions
Wanksta
P.I.M.P.
P.I.M.P. remix
Stunt 101
Poppin Them Thangs
I Wanna Get To Know You
Smile
On Fire
Im So Fly
Warrior
Stomp
Hate It Or Love It
How We Do
Curious
Shorty Wanna Ride
So Seductive
Just A Lil Bit
Outta Control Remix
Candy Shop
Disco Inferno....

im sure theres more but u get the idea...where has rocafella been since 03? anybody besides kanye have any hits over there since 2003? bleek?

is it just me or is g unit the REAL dynasty?

f##k g unit, nigga iam not down, dem dudes are jus a bunch of clowns, f#####g snitches, how can you be hood if your a snitch?

and the only reason why the have all those hits is beacause of the shady aftermath platform, it was never a g unit dynasty, it was always eminem and dre's fans buying
g unit s###t

Solomonz2 said:
f##k g unit, nigga iam not down, dem dudes are jus a bunch of clowns, f#####g snitches, how can you be hood if your a snitch?

and the only reason why the have all those hits is beacause of the shady aftermath platform, it was never a g unit dynasty, it was always eminem and dre's fans buying
g unit s###t
lol 50 and his crew are selling and they have the hits to back them up. Eminem wasnt on any of the singles...and dre didnt produce any of the hits for banks, buck or yayo. Hell dre didnt have anything to do with any of the g unit solo albums besides 50

Jay Z is suppose to be some huge star too so hes supose to be rocafella and def jam artists platform but they aint sellin shit over there besides kanye lol whats ur excuse for them?

Yeah, I agree with 2pacnbiggie. To me Jay-Z & his whole Roc-A-Fella Dynasty, so called "Dynasty" have been jokes. On G-Unit everyone becomes successful no matter how big 50 gets. Jay-Z's dynasty was supposed to be some family but he overshadowed all his artists. I wouldn't be surprised if Bleek & The Young Gunz were broke. People try to diss 50 all day, but he's successful black man. He's a man with a strategy. He didn't create a click just to create a click like cough "Jay-Z".

wow, you guys must have blood clots in your head, do you think any of this would be possible without dre or em, first of all if 50 had continued with his columbia deal he would be a nobody or a medeocor rapper, but the fact that he's coming out of eminem's camp, fans of eminem are buying his album jus becuz he is teamed wit eminem, not because hes g unit, f##k g unit. 50 got lucky, thats what happen and when 50 leaves dre after this new realease and eventually eminem, he wont sell a damn record. Dre and Eminem created the dynasty. 50 jonied it and now hes leaving AND WOW YAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S ALBUM FLOPPED HAHAHAHAHAAH, THATS THE BEGINING OF THE END OF G UNIT, jus like game predicted

I've never understood that saying. How can an album flop after only being released in just a week. Maybe it flopped in weekly sales expectation, but I don't think the album has flopped as a whole. I'll only say an album has flopped from 2 months to a year of its release.

ARon

2pacnbiggie set aside your hate for Jay-Z and dont forget the Black Album, Blueprint, you know Jay-Z' albums. Let alone Beanie'. But to the thread, who gives a fuck how many hits or spins they get on the radio, the fuck, who cares how many records they sell. Like this shit matters. The B. Coming is better than anything that has come from G-Unit since 2003 , since forever. Be real, why stay stuck on sales and whos on TV, no one cares but.... well, we know.

C.R.Y.

Aristotle said:
2pacnbiggie set aside your hate for Jay-Z and dont forget the Black Album, Blueprint, you know Jay-Z' albums. Let alone Beanie'. But to the thread, who gives a fuck how many hits or spins they get on the radio, the fuck, who cares how many records they sell. Like this shit matters. The B. Coming is better than anything that has come from G-Unit since 2003 , since forever. Be real, why stay stuck on sales and whos on TV, no one cares but.... well, we know.
agreed. sales dont matter. just because honda sales more than ferrari doesnt make it better. ex: 50s album sold more than some of pacs. but his music still sucks.

^^^^ @ Aristotle
well if you put it that way...
who the fuck gives a flying fuck about your opinion?
the poster's just stating a fact that g units released more hit songs than roc

and why stay stuck on record sales? cause thats the only real valid measure to prove how pop the artist is...maybe not artistic (lyrical or instrumental) wise but it shows how commercially successful the artist is

ARon

I never said my opinion matters, but this is a place that shares opinions so it is relevant. And I do not like the idea to judge artists on how "pop" as you put it they are, so I am offering my opinion that that should not matter. All that should matter is quality of music, not quantity. So for the sake of the thread, why not compare who puts out better music, not chart climbing "hits".

Rock

I wouldn't necessarily call any of G-units music hits. Its glorifying gangster music to make a cheap buck! And yes I bought 50 Cent's "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" Album... :rolleyes:

Hits are songs that crack the Top 5 on Billboard's 200 list. Only a couple of those songs have done that, so most of those G-Unit songs you listed aren't even hits. And besides, you can have 20 number 1 songs, but you're music still can sound like shit.

And since you want to put it that way, Jay-Z by himself has put out more classic albums than all of G-Unit Records put together.

Aristotle said:
A record label is the one thats supposed to care about how many hits that they are putting out, and when it comes to these 2 labels, g unit is gettin the job done better. Get Rich Or Die Trying, and The Documentary were both better than the B Coming. I didnt even mention sales or any of that other stuff...all i said was hits....

Blueprint came out before 2003 so thats irrelevant to this thread, and what hits were on the black album?....Change clothes and go, 99 problems, ...and dirt off your shoulders...thats about it...

Jay-Z by himself has put out more classic albums than all of G-Unit Records put together.
Jay Z has been out as an artist alot longer than g unit...so how is that even a fair comparison? Jay been rappin for 20 years i dont get the logic behind that comparison.

First of all Rocafella Records doesn't even have any hits besides Jay-Z & Kanye. Beanie Siegal's new album doesn't even count because I don't think that was roc-a-fella. That was on the Dame Dash Music group label. If you want to talk about pop and all the other crap about 50 then what the hell was Jay-Z. Wasn't Jay-Z calling himself the man of pop culture or some shit like that. Most of Jay-Z's singles just like 50's singles were all business oriented. Both of them dummed down their sound to sell more records if thats what you want to call it. The only difference is Jay-Z didn't sing like what 50 is doing. And in a way 50's music has always been sing songy since Grodt so I don't even know if I can say he dummed down his music, I think he was always melody driven. and to me the massacre is a much well better and produced album than grodt. grodt was way too sing songy, but some g-unit haters on here are still calling that album good.

And also I see people on here talking about keeping it real, but whenever artists get big, people on here will be the first to turn on them. let me point out that the majority of people on the net and the streets that don't like 50 and the unit are only a minority. Theres a whole majority who do like them and make their records sell in the millions. This is why if I was an artists I wouldn't make my music for the streets or internet fans. first of all the street fans will buy the bootlegs and the internet fans will download it. What 50 cent is doing is smart because he's noticed that his melody driven style is what international fans like just like how jay-z found his niche and started putting out singles for clubs, the ladies, and the radio.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.