Non-Urban Music International Music

Salar

The One, The Only
So, who's in touch with the world. Who listens to world music, international music thread

I listen to alot of latin stuff since i dance lating. So cuban (salsa), Spanish (flemenco, tango), Argantina (tango), the list goes on. Merengue cha cha and so on. I love my latino music. Celia Cruz's has probably the most popular songs, and here are 3 along with another 1 which i danced to in alot of competitions
Celia Cruz - Que Le Den Candela
Celia Cruz - La Vida Es Un Carnaval (one of the most popular salsa songs)
Celia Cruz - La Guagua
Saned Conmigo - Saned Rivera
plenty more if you want me to name latino songs of pretty much any latino dance.

i also listen to persian (i just downloaded a persian rap album which is HILLARIOUS, and i'll translate it and you'll just be in fits of laughter), arabic, turkish and middle eastern in general. I used to listen to indian but i don't own any.

European, i had some german and french rap but i don't know where it is, Some german rock (which was AWESOME) greek music, shit loads of italian and etc.

I love music and if it doesn't just have to be english. I probably have more but i may not know the language, or it probably slipped my mind.

Anyway what international music do you listen to. Suggest a song (again try to avoid rap and hiphop, we have worldwide for international rap)

Salar

The One, The Only
So, who's in touch with the world. Who listens to world music, international music thread

I listen to alot of latin stuff since i dance lating. So cuban (salsa), Spanish (flemenco, tango), Argantina (tango), the list goes on. Merengue cha cha and so on. I love my latino music. Celia Cruz's has probably the most popular songs, and here are 3 along with another 1 which i danced to in alot of competitions
Celia Cruz - Que Le Den Candela
Celia Cruz - La Vida Es Un Carnaval (one of the most popular salsa songs)
Celia Cruz - La Guagua
Saned Conmigo - Saned Rivera
plenty more if you want me to name latino songs of pretty much any latino dance.

i also listen to persian (i just downloaded a persian rap album which is HILLARIOUS, and i'll translate it and you'll just be in fits of laughter), arabic, turkish and middle eastern in general. I used to listen to indian but i don't own any.

European, i had some german and french rap but i don't know where it is, Some german rock (which was AWESOME) greek music, shit loads of italian and etc.

I love music and if it doesn't just have to be english. I probably have more but i may not know the language, or it probably slipped my mind.

Anyway what international music do you listen to. Suggest a song (again try to avoid rap and hiphop, we have worldwide for international rap)

pinG

im a passionate fan of international dance music,

GERMANY

Paul Van Dyk - Nothing but you
Paul Van Dyk - For an angel

HOLLAND

Ferry Corsten - Rock your body rock
Ferry Corsten - Punk
Ferry Corsten - Air

DJ Tiesto - too many classics to name

Then ya have US DJ's such as Roger Sanchez, Brooklyn Bounce (my personal favourite)

highly recommend alot of brooklyn bounce songs such as

- Club Bizarre
- Bass, Beats and Melody
- Born to Bounce
- Crazy

then obviously from sweden you got eric prydz, you cant really call 'call on me' international music tho lmao

sorry to have such a bias towards trance/house but that is the closest thing to international music that im interested in :D

pinG

im a passionate fan of international dance music,

GERMANY

Paul Van Dyk - Nothing but you
Paul Van Dyk - For an angel

HOLLAND

Ferry Corsten - Rock your body rock
Ferry Corsten - Punk
Ferry Corsten - Air

DJ Tiesto - too many classics to name

Then ya have US DJ's such as Roger Sanchez, Brooklyn Bounce (my personal favourite)

highly recommend alot of brooklyn bounce songs such as

- Club Bizarre
- Bass, Beats and Melody
- Born to Bounce
- Crazy

then obviously from sweden you got eric prydz, you cant really call 'call on me' international music tho lmao

sorry to have such a bias towards trance/house but that is the closest thing to international music that im interested in :D

Salar

The One, The Only
Paul Van Dyk and DJ Tiesto are awesome. But for some reason i just don't classify international dance music as international music. (this is MY opinion). Simply because dance isn't about language but it's about music.

Anyway i'm stickying this so we have only one thread for international music :D

Salar

The One, The Only
Paul Van Dyk and DJ Tiesto are awesome. But for some reason i just don't classify international dance music as international music. (this is MY opinion). Simply because dance isn't about language but it's about music.

Anyway i'm stickying this so we have only one thread for international music :D

Salar

The One, The Only
English bands, aussie bands, canadian bands or any other band that speaks english i don't classify as international music.

Salar

The One, The Only
English bands, aussie bands, canadian bands or any other band that speaks english i don't classify as international music.

Jokerman

I listen to African, Jamaican, and some Latin American music, too.

Examples i like:

"Ojala Que Llueva Cafe" by Juan Luis Guerra y 440
"Soy Loco Por Ti America- Gilberto Gil
"Kotoja"- Semi Jeje
"Magumede"- The Bhundu Boys

Farzin

I used to listen to some german rap when i lived there but not any longer. I listen to some german rock as well.

lol at persian rap yea its funny as hell. I used to listen to persian songs sometimes back then but not anymore.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Some of my favorite croatian songs, I'm more into the older ones than the newer shit. How Hizzle knows more newer singers and groups like Goran Karan. lol

Ruza Hrvatska - Prljavo Kazaliste
Pijanica - Vuco
Volim piti I ljubiti - Vuco
Golubica Bijela - Milo Hrnic
Drugi joj raspliće kosu, a ja je volim - Mišo Kovač
Ako Odem Prijatelji - Zlatko Pejakovic

For different countries.

Bam bam - Gypsy Kings
Bamboleo - Gypsy Kings
El Mariachi - Gypsy Kings

Those are my fave from the gypsy kings.

I didnt see this thread, but now that I have I'm so excited! I love international music. If I upload some tracks, will you as well, Salar?

This is indian-ish (dont think it was produced in india, but has a indian...style). Mungal with Nitin Sahwney - Awake www.megaupload.com/?d=19S3B3U2

I love spanish music, flamenco is beautiful. Gipsy Kings are great. This guy used to be the guitarist where I did flamenco, Aloysius Leeson - Almah (love the peak at the 3 min mark)http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=323BLTZDY8WLC33SJUZDCOCKLT

I'm not heaps into cuban latino stuff, but traditional south american music is good, like Peruvian or Bolivian. This is Surkuy - Luz Del Sendero (dunno why it reads as pink floyd though, lol). http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20XJVELJ

I bought a random pop CD when I was in China a few years ago - its pretty funny. This is a track by a famous pop star called Wang Fei. When I was at a high school in china, the people I was talking to wanted to give me a chinese name, coz its easier to remember, so they called me wang fei - lol. My chinese isnt advanced enough to tell you the name of the track though. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18N3HSBU

ah, hopefully someoen can help me out here.

I'm sure you guys have seen movies like Black Hawk Down, Hotel Rwanda, etc. Where some type of african music comes on, with a few vocals, or just plain instrumental. Well does anybody know who has music like this?

thank you in advanced.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.