Technology Aurora pop-up

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
There's a pop-up with the title Aurora that pops up frequently on my computer. I have a couple of spyware programs to delete spyware and I have a yahoo pop-up blocker. For some instance, this pop-up appears no matter what. My browser doesn't even have to be open and it still comes up. Although, I have broadband so my computer is online 24/7. Also, what is the deal with svchost.exe? Is it dangerous for my computer?

S O F I S T I K said:
There's a pop-up with the title Aurora that pops up frequently on my computer. I have a couple of spyware programs to delete spyware and I have a yahoo pop-up blocker. For some instance, this pop-up appears no matter what. My browser doesn't even have to be open and it still comes up. Although, I have broadband so my computer is online 24/7.
Which anti-spyware programs do you have? If they're not the programs listed in the Knowledge Base at the top of the forum, then I'd suggest you download those. If they are, make sure they're up to date.

I'd also suggest you download Hijack This (thread at the top of the forum) and post a log for someone to look at.

As well as an antivirus scan, download ewido (link in the Knowledge Base, see sig) and run that.

Also, what is the deal with svchost.exe? Is it dangerous for my computer?
No it's not. It's an essential Windows process. It's also common for several instances of svchost.exe to be running at one time.

scvhost.exe, however, is a virus.

the best anti spyware in my experience is Microsoft Anti Spyware(it used to be called Giant anti spyware), that thing will get rid of anything thats out there. install that brother. it will also add a thing that will monitor everything,so ifsome spyware is trying to intall,it will catch it before it goes in.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.