Vanilla Ice discusses Suge Knight balcony incident

The Vanilla Ice/Suge Knight balcony incident is Hip-Hop legend. Rumor has it Suge hung Ice over a balcony to convince him to sign over his publishing rights, worth millions, and used the money to fund his upstart label, Death Row Records.

Ice commented on the situation and rumors in a recent interview with Interview Magazine, and while he does say the story holds a lot of truth, he denies that he was ever hung over the balcony.

“From the money that Suge got from To the Extreme from me, he started Dr. Dre. “The Chronic record came from the funding from my record; Tupac came from the funding of my record; Snoop Dogg came from the funding from my record.

I read the story, and I heard it, and I had to defend it nine million times, but he never took me to the balcony, threatened to hang me over, or anything. Rap music is gangster, it’s been gangster from the beginning. Yes, Suge Knight took some money from me, and he did take me to the balcony, explained it to me. He was actually nice to me … … [people think] I’m so bitter about it—I never went to the police, I never did anything like that. I knew better … [But] it’s funny how this story has evolved and been polished up and changed around to make him a monster and everything— hell, I’m still friends with Suge Knight … I look at it like I’ve invested in some of the greatest hip-hop music in the world.”

428 Comments

1. Lightninbolt
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 02:47:00

He is smart. He knows just how easily he could end up dead in a “accident”; Run to the cops ? LMAO They would probably be the ones with the contract and he is well aware of that.

2. James From Miami
    Sep 20, 2015 @ 01:27:00

He meant to say that he was never hung from the fucking balcony. Pay attention to what you’re reading or don’t read it at all.

3. James From Miami
    Sep 20, 2015 @ 01:22:00

Until proven otherwise I will continue to give Ice and Suge the benefit of a doubt on this story because I was not there. And I believe Ice when he says that they want to make Suge look like a monster. Meanwhile Puff Fag does not get questioned by anybody about jack shit. Not even about 2Pac. He was only questioned once and that’s it. Then Notorious BIG gets killed and no one accuses that punk bitch of doing that murder. Is he untouchable or what? Or was it because he was supposedly fucking J-Ho? So that makes him an angel then. All you Puff fans make me so fucking sick with your disgusting bullshit hypocrisy.

4. James From Miami
    Sep 20, 2015 @ 00:55:00

Are you saying that it was Puff Faggy or P Sissy who did both murders? Because that sellout Uncle Tom bitch got so fucking rich after both of these guys got taken out. And look at all the bullshit that Suge have had to deal with ever since those things happened. A very wise man once said ”Follow the money trail”. And fuck everything else because it’s all a distraction for the masses of ignorant dumb asses.

5. devill
    Aug 17, 2014 @ 09:03:00

Or 2pac cause u know who killed him

6. whiteGIANT510
    Aug 03, 2014 @ 01:01:00

and on top of that. Investors get returns.

7. whiteGIANT510
    Aug 03, 2014 @ 01:00:00

I like how it says that he never went to the balcony and then in the next paragraph it says that he took him to the balcony

8. TheDream
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 10:46:00

Friends because he doesn’t want to end up like BIG.

9. jjsoufle
    Apr 16, 2013 @ 13:00:00

is vanilla ice dumb or scared that he continues to be friends with this bully

10. Eightnectaris
    Aug 06, 2011 @ 15:01:00

he is friends with a dude who robbed him,    sounds like a busta to me.