Jay-Z says Nas and Eminem are his only competition

jayz

Although The Game seems to be constantly dissing him, Jay-Z has yet to respond. In a new interview, he explained why he hasn’t fired back at people like Game and Jim Jones, saying he doesn’t consider them real competition. Besides explaining why Game and Jimmy aren’t competitive, Jigga explains that artists like Nas and Eminem are his only real competition.

“Not really that competitive, because the competition isn’t based on real competition,” Jay says in the October issue of XXL Magazine. “I mean, Game, I’m his fuckin’ idol. If you ask him and he’s being truthfully honest with you it’s just based off his insecurities and, for the most part, pretension. That type of competition doesn’t do anything for me. It’s almost like someone trying to set you up, and everyone knows they’re to set you up, and everybody. It’s just dumb. It’s not in the spirit of competition, because he’s not competition for me. He’s not. Not then, not ever — he’d have to improve considerably. Competition for me competition is Nas, Eminem. Like Jim Jones?

That’s ridiculous to me. So how do I respond to that? I can’t win. If I win, then they’ll be like, ‘See. Now chill. You’re a fuckin’ bully.’ And if it manages to throw a haymaker from the West Coast, then it’s like ‘Oooooh.’ It’s not even fun. Like, before I did it, because I would diss anybody. Now who has time to do this shit everyday? But before, when I was running after the little fat nigga from Ma$e‘s camp, I was doing anybody.

Anybody said anything. If I thought you said something. When I was running in the streets, I wanted all that type of activity. Nobody wanted nothing. Now everybody’s a tough guy.”

558 Comments

1. name
    Sep 06, 2010 @ 01:44:00

Game cant rhyme for shit

2. ZEE
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 22:51:31

GAY-Z CANT COMPETE NAS

3. GoldenAgerap
    Dec 12, 2009 @ 11:46:04

arfan you dont know shit nigga. Big L is already in that category. And Big Daddy Kane, WTF? HE’S RIGHT NEXT TO KRS AND RAKIM. Wasteman dont know nothin man, go look up some more rap.
    Nas is ahead of Jay Z, Eminem would rip Jay Z, Big L HAS RIPPED Jay Z. Nigga, Nas & Big L are the next ones in line, then the rest of them, Jay Z? Dont think so. He’s on the same level as snoop. Kool G Rap and tupac are behind Nas & Big L. THE UNTOUCHABLES ARE: Rakim, KRS-One, BIg Daddy Kane, Nas, Notorious B.I.G, Kool G Rap, Tupac, Big L, Scarface & Chuck D. that shit is FIXED. period. oh yeah and.. THE MOTHERFUCKING IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE IS GONNA BE THERE BEFORE JAY Z’S BITCH ASS.

4. afan
    Oct 27, 2009 @ 21:58:40

Theres lots of talented emcees out there. Jay-z is lyrically one of the best of all time. But he aint do nothing recently to say he the best now. eminem aint on jays level.
    Emcees like AZ, Scarface, Nas, Jay-Z, LL Cool J i put in the same category.
    I put Biggie, Rakim and KRS-One in that small category of untouchables. Simply the greatest EMcees ever. I think Scarface, LL will be in that category soon. same as Jay-z.
    i think Nas And Az will be in that category not long after.

Tupac, Kool G Rap and Ice Cube i think will be there one day soon too.

everyone else like Big L, Kane, Snoop, Big Pun, Lauryn hill*, eminem etc will be greats but not on any of the rappers i mentioned levels.

5. westcoasta
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 17:17:16

SCARFACE WOULD FUCK HIM UP.. ALTHOUGH I DNT LIKE HIM, 50 CENT COULD FUCK HIM UP.. NAS ALREADY FUCKED HIM UP THATS WHY HE SAYS THAT, AND EMINEM.. WELL THAT FUCKIN GUY IZ A BEAST.. DMX COULD DO DAMAGE TOO IN MY OPINION.. JAYZ IZ A STR8 BITCH HIDDIN BEHIND HIS MONEY, BET THAT NIKKA IZ REAL LONELY. HAS NADA ELSE TO DO BUT TALK SHIT, DEATH TO AUTOTUNE? I AGREE JIGGA BUT HONESTLY YOU OLD ASS NEEDZ TO BOUNCE AND FINIH LIVIN YOUR LIFE YOU BORED ASS NIKKA..

6. Logan
    Sep 07, 2009 @ 08:25:38

What about a little crew called the Wu Tang who have produced 3 of the album s of the year so far

7. 6ery6ery6
    Sep 04, 2009 @ 00:36:05

this is too funny

8. frogg man X
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 21:18:31

game really needs to shut tha fuck up lol. he does talk too much with legitimacy

9. TheLazyAngel
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 20:48:15

You can’t disagree with Jay-Z there, other than him, Em, & Nas, who else is there?

10. Simon
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 20:15:42

The only rapper that CAN’T compete with him must be deaf-mute.